Do you have granite paving at your home? Great! Granite paving is regarded as an ideal solution for landscaping as it helps in not only adding to the overall visual appeal of the area, but also to the durability and lifespan of the paving area. Granite is one of the most sought-after paving materials in Australia by homeowners and property owners.
One of the most striking features of granite is its sparkling range of colours that appear due to natural formation and crystallization processes. Some of the common colours to observe in granite pavers are white, black, brown, tan, shades of grey, pink, blue, and green. Given these amazing variations of colours naturally, most property owners in Australia prefer using granite tiles Melbourne services for the respective landscaping projects.
Why Repair Granite Pavers?
There are several reasons for why you might have to consider repairing the natural stone pavers in your driveway or walkway. Whether you have installed the granite pavers at your driveway, walkway, patio, or the swimming deck, it is important to ensure that they are in their best-ever condition with proper care & maintenance.
However, in some cases, due to natural or man-made causes, these pavers might break, chip, become loose, or get damaged. In such a case, if you do not repair the exact tile or paver, it would eventually lead to the breakage or loosening of other adjacent tiles in the given area.
If you wish to save your overall investment into the given landscaping project, then it is recommended that you should repair the faulty paver or tile as soon as possible. Some of the possible reasons for which you might wish to indulge in a DIY granite repair project are:
- Loss of Tile: If due to any reason, a single tile or tiles get loose from the ground and come off, then it is high time that you should consider involving yourself in a repair project. You can consider either replacing the gap with new tiles or the existing tiles by using the right mechanisms.
- Damaged, Chipped, or Cracked Tiles: Another common reason to repair the granite tiles Sydney in your driveway or walkway is that the tiles might sometimes get chipped, cracked, or damaged externally. While granite pavers are known to be weather-resistant and highly durable –withstanding heavy-traffic areas effectively, improper installation or lack of maintenance might make them get damaged in the long run. If this is the case, you can go for the granite paver repair session.
Some of the other possible reasons for repairing or replacing granite pavers could be staining, the overall loss of shine, etching, yellowing, efflorescence, uneven granite tiles Perth, water spots or rings, and so more.
A DIY Guide to Repair Damaged Granite Pavers
If you tend to have loose or damaged pavers at your driveway or walkway, then it not only appears unappealing, but might also cause injury to someone walking over the same. With a loose, cracked, or damaged granite tile, it is quite possible for someone to trip over –leading to injuries. To avoid such a situation, it is recommended to indulge in a quick granite paver repairing project.
Tools Needed for Granite Paver Repairs
Some of the essential tools for your repair project are:
- Spirit level
- Wooden float
- Rubber mallet
- Steel float
DIY Method of Repairing Granite Pavers
Here are some simple steps to follow when you wish to repair granite pavers.
Mark the corresponding sides of the given loose or broken paver with a proper marker before you remove the same. This helps in ensuring that you will replace the granite paver correctly without any damage to the subsequent tiles.
Remove the damaged or loose paver. Remove all possible debris and dust from the given area.
Place a fine layer of sand on the ground underneath. You can do so by using a wooden float by pushing sands in all corners of the tile. Then, you should tread on the spread sand for completely compacting it and making the surface even.
Go on checking with the sand level or its base with the help of a spirit level.
Go for matching up the chalk markings while replacing the same with a new paver.
With the help of a screwdriver, ensure that there is no gap between the new paver and other adjacent pavers.
Once the new paver is placed properly, pour sand all over it. By doing so, you can ensure that the gaps get filled evenly.
With the help of the mallet, you can tap the new granite pavers in. After this, sweep off the extra sand and debris.
Expert Prevention Tips for Your Granite Pavers
Some of the additional tips to prevent further damage to the granite pavers are:
- Keep inspecting the granite pavers on regular intervals –especially after harsh weather conditions like snow, hailstorm, and others.
- Keep cleaning and sweeping granite paving on a regular basis for removing debris and damaging materials.
- Keep sealing & resealing the pavers to protect them from high traffic usage and stain damage.
Ensure the best-ever care for granite pavers!
With such variations in the hues offered by granite, make use of reliable granite pavers wholesale services in Australia for your landscaping or home design project. Granite Pavers Australia deliver granite tiles and pavers all across Australia (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide and Hobart). Get tiles from Australia’s best Natural stone Tile Suppliers. Call today on (03) 9706 9767 for orders or FREE SAMPLES + FREE QUOTE
If you want more information Get in touch with us today!