Granite is practically stain-resistant however one of the key issues to removing oil stains and avoids permanent stains, is to clean the granite paver’s surface as soon as possible. By cleaning granite pavers straight away, it will not allow the oil stains to penetrate through the paver’s surface which may allow the stain to become a permanent embedment. Always, consult with a professional for further advice in cleaning granite pavement applications. Granite is more of a porous stone so it will allow the liquid to be absorbed into it.
DO’S & DONTS OF GRANITE
- DON’T use scouring powders and abrasives because they will scratch the surface.
- DON’T use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for stone.
- DON’T use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- DON’T use vinegar, bleach, ammonia, or other general-purpose cleaners.
- DON’T use cleaners that contain acids such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners, or tub cleaners.
- DON’T wait to clean up spills on stone.
- DO dry the spillage with a paper towel immediately.
- DO use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices.
- DO use placemats under china, ceramics, silver and other objects that can scratch your stone’s surface.
- DO use trivets or mats under hot dishes and cookware.
- DO clean up spills immediately to minimize damage to your stone.
There are a number of types of stains that can be spilled on granite pavers such as oil-based stains, food stains, iron stains, biological stains and more. The first step would always be to identify the type of stone it is and then follow the necessary steps to clean.
Every stain needs special attention and can be removed easily with the right cleaning steps.
If you are not sure, how to clean your granite floor tiles or pavers, you can always seek FREE expert advice at Granite Pavers Australia. Just give us a call on (03) 9706 9767 or if you want to buy granite tiles, we deliver FREE SAMPLES at your doorsteps in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide and anywhere in Australia.
Browse our range of Granite Pavers on SALE here.